The sheer magnificence of the landscape surrounding 'Williams Crossing' is matched only by the elegance and striking architectural wonder of the New England-style home at its heart. Created on the rise of a gentle hill and taking in breathtaking 200-degree views, 'Williams Crossing' has been a labour of love the meticulous creation of a private, expansive family haven with elegant guest accommodation in one of the Southern Highlands' most desired locations.
At the centre of one hundred lush acres, each architectural feature of this rare beauty has been painstakingly created by master craftspeople. Double-height ceilings support suspended sculptural wonders; a soaring two-story drystone fireplace has been handmade from locally quarried stone; the oversized hardwood mantle is a reclaimed pier from the old Sydney wharves.
The home is the epitome of elegance; the exterior features timber mixed with basalt stone highlights and copper roofing. Inside, wide, individually plugged spotted gum floorboards sit beneath bespoke joinery; floor-to-ceiling wainscot panelling, coffered ceilings and William Morris wallpaper highlight the eclectic artistry from the creators' travels all over the world. From the soaring entry lobby to the suspended gallery walkway above the living areas; from the divine master suite to the incredible facilities for entertaining - this home is stylish, understated luxury.
Special features of the main home include:
- A magnificent entertainer's kitchen with large butler's pantry and combined casual dining area; 3 metre stone-topped island bench; double Ilve freestanding range with seven gas burners plus teppanyaki plate; three dishwashers
- Three bedrooms have ensuites and walk in robes; the master suite is a true retreat with a tea bench, two expansive dressing rooms (the second of which could be converted to a nursery/bedroom) and separate bathroom amenities to allow two adults complete privacy if desired. There are two individual toilet rooms, a double shower and steam shower facilities, twin basins and a bath elevated to window height to take in the views.
- A luxurious oversized study plus a meeting room/office with French doors to outside are housed in a separate wing, along with a powder room; either could act as another bedroom.
- C-bus wiring throughout
- A tower/observatory is perched above the main bedroom and has unimpeded views across beautiful countryside. It is currently set up as a large gymnasium. It could also operate as a bedroom, office or lounge area/parents' retreat.
- Large formal dining room plus three further expansive lounge/living areas
- A dedicated bar with provision for a large wine cellar and separate cool room
- A magnificent mudroom including a custom-built dog bath
- Four car garage
- Large in-ground swimming pool, for completion
The Guest House
The large guest house is also perfectly designed to house extended family, as it is accessible via a covered open breezeway but close to the house. With a double height living area and kitchen, it is luxurious and spacious, and features timber floorboards, picture windows and doors, four bedrooms (one currently used as a large dressing room) and two bathrooms with heated floors and towel rails.
Sited above the garage, the apartment is a large, beautiful space perfect for staff or as a manager's cottage. It has an open plan kitchen/dining/living area, one large bedroom with ensuite, walk-in robe and study nook and has superb views.
Both the guest house and apartment would work wonderfully as short-term rental accommodation as they are quite separate from the home.
With excellent pastoral land, the estate currently runs cattle in good conditions in can support approximately 100 head. Rows of 100-year-old trees separate the paddocks and make this the most picturesque of farming opportunities. Infrastructure includes:
1 x 120,000 litre submerged water tanks for house use
60,000 litre water tank for farm/gravity fed cattle troughs
Spring fed dam
Two bores for submerged 100,000 litre tanks for irrigation near house
10 kW solar system concealed in paddock
Living at 'Williams Crossing' is a true privilege: a constantly changing cinema of nature, you'll experience heavenly cloudscapes and milky morning mists that shroud valleys below. They lift to reveal picture-perfect hedgerows, patchworks of paddocks and views to distant mountain ranges. The panoramic outlook and position of this home is unparalleled and magical. It is ten minutes from both Bowral and Mittagong, with access to excellent schools, restaurants and facilities in both towns. This is a magnificent, private piece of paradise only 90 minutes to Sydney, that must be experienced to be believed.
In Conjunction with Samuel Lindsay from Drew Lindsay Real Estate - 0404 647 609
Please contact us to arrange a time.