Built in the early 1920's, and state heritage listed, The Astor exudes 1920's grandeur and 21st century sophistication. Designed by Esplin and Mould, it was, and remains, one of the most prestigious apartment buildings in Sydney, commanding a prime position on exclusive Macquarie Street.
Apartment 604 provides the opportunity to buy a modernised fully furnished 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom apartment, including secure parking if desired, in this tightly held icon at an 'entry' level price. The 6th floor, west facing apartment has been superbly modernised as a city home or pied a terre for the astute buyer needing a well-located city address during the week, or for visiting family to enjoy the delights of the nearby galleries, restaurants, parks and, of course, Opera House.
The tastefully furnished common roof terrace provides spectacular views of Sydney Harbour and Royal Botanic Gardens, a perfect respite from the working day.
Priced at $1,625,000 plus $200,000 for the secure car space, Apartment 604 can be inspected by private appointment only.
Key Astor Features Include:
- Period features including high ceilings and polished timber floors
- Oversized windows affording bright interiors throughout
- Rooftop entertaining terrace with panoramic Sydney Harbour and Royal Botanic Garden views
- Secure car parking on separate title in the adjoining Hudson House
- Within footsteps to Sydney's renowned cultural institutions - Opera House, Sydney Conservatorium, State Library, Art Gallery of NSW
- Moments stroll to premier retail, cafes, wine bars, restaurants and art galleries
- Onsite building manager, secure entry, level disabled access and two lifts
- Grand portico and elegant paneled entry foyer
- Premier position on exclusive Macquarie Street
- The Astor is an unrestricted Company Title residential building with a NO PETS POLICY.
In conjunction with David Newgrosh 0418 246 374