A landmark estate on the peninsula between Parsley and Vaucluse Bay, 40 Fitzwilliam Road embodies old world luxury and timeless glamour.
Claiming a sprawling 1,100sqm landholding, the historic home was dubbed 'SunnyBrae' due to its beautiful sunny hillside setting by the water in Vaucluse.
Originally envisioned by the creative architect W. Freidrich between 1909 and 1910, the design has since won many awards from the Woollahra Design Excellence Award 2019 to the Master Builders Association of New South Wales' 2018 Excellence in Housing Award.
Welcoming inside to a palatial floorplan adorned in breathtaking detailing of regal beauty, each space has been thoughtfully restored over the years. Chandelier embellished ornate ceilings and decorative archways complement the hardwood timber floors and original statement staircases that unfold before you. Natural light filters through to illuminate each and every room, while gun barrel views across Sydney Harbour and North Head take centre stage.
Carefully and sympathetically selected modern finishes have been added for practical family living and entertaining, while a multi-generational lifestyle is a focal point for the home's design. There is a vast selection of formal and casual areas to suit the growing household, a state-of-the-art kitchen featuring commercial grade appliances and several places to work from home.
The central living and hosting quarters has been focused around a grand terrace, swimming pool and spa that spill over to rolling lawns embraced by romantic greenery. Glittering behind is the yacht studded harbour, adding to the opulence and magic of the property's alfresco oasis.
Accommodation is incredible with five expansive hotel-style bedrooms spread across the multi storey layout. Each room adjoins an ensuite, including the master wing which further includes two walk-in robes, a private balcony with stunning water views and tranquil sitting retreat.
Alongside lift access between levels, the residence provides a full library complete with floor-to-ceiling high bookshelves, guest powder rooms, fireplaces, a media room, plant room and so much more.
Enjoy access to the coves of Parsley Bay, Vaucluse Bay, Nielsen Park, the tea rooms at Vaucluse House and the gorgeous Hermitage Foreshore Trail all within metres of your front door. Also moments away is Vaucluse Village, esteemed schools and fantastic shopping precincts.
- Stately interiors and tranquil lawns bask in the rich sunlight of a northern aspect
- Sequence of zones in a versatile layout allows for every member of the family to live and relax
- Poolside pavilions ensure a place to dine alfresco or host guests
- Wisteria wrapped pergolas and manicured gardens create unrivalled beauty outside
- Showpiece kitchen features custom herringbone tiled splashback, premium cooking appliances and marble topped island
- Option to live with extended family or have guests stay with the abundant accommodation
- Decadent bathrooms and powder rooms service each level
- Long driveway extends to oversized garage with secure parking for several cars
- Close to Rose Bay Marina, Watsons Bay Ferry and transport choices
Please contact us to arrange a time.