With majestic vistas sweeping across the Megalong Valley, this 65.81 ha (162-acre) estate is the definitive rural escape. Named 'Australian House of the Year', the architectural designed residence by Peter Stutchbury has had further additions of the pool and garage created by the current vendors. It captures the unfolding natural beauty of the surrounding landscape at every angle. Nestled peacefully into the ridge line and protected from the elements, the 'Invisible House' effortlessly transitions to the outdoors with vast terraces, infinity edge pool and spa.
- Bespoke five bedroom residence delivering an exceptional 428sqm of living
- A fusion of finishes with concrete, glass, stack stone walls, brass and hoop pine plywood
- Multi-zoned layout streaming with natural light, lofty ceilings, superb timber detailing
- Open plan lounge with wood burning fireplace and magnificent panoramic outlook
- Kitchen with quality integrated appliances, gas cooking, extending to butler's pantry
- Sanctuary-like bedrooms that can be completely opened to the outdoors with views
- Three bathrooms including one with concrete soaker tub and brass rainwater shower
- Stunning elevation of 1110m, hydronic floor heating and geothermal heating
- Also includes custom lighting, home office/studio space, gym and a central courtyard with fire pit
- Distinguished design - winner Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Award
The home's distinctive 'moat' roof line reflects the sky and adds to its 'invisibility'. This one-of-a-kind retreat is located two hours west of Sydney and 25-minutes to Oberon. It is within easy reach of the world-famous Jenolan Caves, 50-minutes to Katoomba and 35-minutes to Lithgow.
Please contact us to arrange a time.