Inspired by its dramatic clifftop location, this stunning contemporary residence commands dazzling ocean views to the horizon, north-east towards Sydney Heads and south to Bondi Beach. Towering high above the ever changing seascape, it is privately hidden at the end of a driveway in a prized cul-de-sac just a short walk to parklands, North Bondi cafes, restaurants and the beach.
London-based architects Walters and Cohen, in collaboration with Sydney-based architects Collins and Turner, designed the house with elegant minimalist interiors and seamless connection with the outdoors. Built by Bellevarde Constructions, it has two wings connected by a gallery entry (with 6.6 metre high ceiling) and glass atrium with corten steel sculpture by artist Christopher Hodges.
The open-plan upper level has large living, dining, study, TV areas and gourmet gas kitchen flowing to north-facing sun terraces and wet-edge pool. The lower level has a huge main bedroom (with dressing room & ensuite), 2nd big bedroom (with ensuite), 3rd bedroom or studio/workshop (with ensuite powder room), laundry, plant room and 3-car garage with internal access. The upper split-level has a powder room and spacious guest suite (or home office) with living area, 4th bedroom and ensuite.
Additional features include an internal lift, soaring ceilings, double-height glass, polished concrete floors, concealed lighting, recycled Jarrah stairs and cabinetry, b/in wardrobes and storage, underfloor heating, gas heating bayonet, b/in gas barbecue, alarm, outdoor hot & cold shower and mezzanine storage area.
- Impressive gallery entry with soaring 6.6m high ceiling
- Atrium with corten steel sculpture by Christopher Hodges
- Spacious living & dining areas flow to terrace and pool
- Study zone w custom designed Jarrah desk & cabinetry
- Television area w cabinetry and gas heating bayonet
- Gourmet gas kitchen w central island breakfast bench
- AEG gas cooktop, oven, microwave; Miele dishwasher;
Liebherr fridge/freezer; pantry cupboard; ample storage
- North-facing entertaining terrace w b/in gas barbecue
- Wet edge pool and sundrenched poolside terrace
- Main bedroom w dressing room & bluestone ensuite
- 2nd bedroom w b/in wardrobes & bluestone ensuite
- 3rd bed (or studio/workshop) w 4m ceiling & powder room
- Guest suite (or office) w living area, 4th bedroom & ensuite
- 3 bluestone ensuite bathrooms, all with bath and shower
- 2 powder rooms (one ensuite); laundry w b/in storage
- Internal lift; mezzanine storage area; plant room
- Polished concrete floors with underfloor heating
- Soaring ceilings; concealed designer lighting
- Alarm system; garden irrigation